And, as a stray thought, it's also an interesting essay in the way that containers work. Hypothesis (really a wildly speculative one, which distinguishes it from a proposal): every hermit has a Kit which must contain her/his hermitage. Every Kit expands out to occupy the hermit's hermitting space. By analogy: Each of us contains some set of somethings...characteristics, experiences, opinions, electro-chemical events...and those open out into the larger world when we choose for them to. As a house contains its denizens. Containers contain AND there is an inevitable relationship between the two. Which means, I suppose, that the container is not only a container, but also a part of the inside of itself...as we are, willing or no, always in some kind of relationship to the world.
This has a relationship to the unabomber idea...and the house in which he lived.
I include a second view of this domicile to demonstrate the role of context in how we experience objects.


This is solid stuff! From a design and dramaturgy standpoint, I think the relationship is interesting and analogous between the suitcases and the unabomber's home.
ReplyDeleteThe suitcases paired with the Unabomber's bombs would make an interesting visual pairing.