I think it's truly compelling and resonates with my work and with our work as a whole. While Rilke-reading, the first part of his "To Lou Andreas-Salomé" (translation Edward Snow, 2009) reminded me of the themes in "Film". I've recently been using it in my indoor work (as some of you already know).
To Lou Andreas-Salomé
I.
I held myself too open, I forgot
that outside not just things exist and animals
fully at ease in themselves, whose eyes
reach from their lives' roundness no differently
than portraits do from frames; forgot that I
with all I did incessantly crammed
looks into myself: looks, opinion, curiosity.
Who knows: perhaps eyes take shape in space
and watch intently. Ah, only as it plunges down to you
does my face cease being on display - grows
into you and twines on darkly,
endlessly, into your sheltered heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment